Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Fertile Garden Interview

Here is a continuation of the series on my interview with amazing etsy shops that feature infertility related products.  I have really enjoyed getting to hear of the stories behind the shops.  I think that's one of the really interesting things about etsy, you get to meet the people behind the products you buy.  I am very thankful that these shop owners have been willing to so openly discuss infertility and to share their stories.  I always find that I have so much in common with these women.  I see my story mirrored in theirs.  Today's special guest is the The Fertile Garden.  Check out this awesome shop HERE

What inspired you to start your etsy shop?  My personal journey with infertility!

How long has your shop been open? Since April 2010.
What types of products do you offer? Fertility bracelets, necklaces, relaxation aids such as sage smudge sticks, meditation stones and note cards and prints of my original paintings.

How do you come up with the designs for your pieces?  For my jewelry, the first step is researching which gemstones help which conditions. I play around with the beads until I like how it looks together.  For my original artwork, it all comes from within. I created much of that art immediately after some acupuncture sessions I had done. It was like art therapy for me, I got my emotions out in my artwork.

What helps keep you motivated to make new products? Purchasing new gemstones...or for a painting, just a rush of creativity!

What inspires you creatively? Hearing from people who need some positive influence in their lives and hoping that I can help them. Also my daughters, even when I have a rough day, I think about how lucky we are to have them :)

What do you enjoy most about etsy? I love what I do, and being able to work from home and do something I enjoy. I love when I get a nice message from a customer who has had success! I also think it is so nice when someone purchases for a friend as a surprise gift. That makes me smile.

Why did you decided to make infertility related items? I made a bracelet for myself! It helped me feel better and keep positive. Whenever I was stressed, I would reach down and play with my bracelet. I modeled the Butterfly bracelet after my own original! I wore it up until I had my girls and I still have it :)

What advice could you give to someone who is facing infertility?  My natural tendency was to hold everything in at first. This was not healthy. Find a friend to talk to, or a creative outlet, etc. You need to get your frustrations out, or you will feel eaten alive by your negativity. I know that is easier said then done, but it does help. There were times that I just wanted to curl up in a ball and shut everyone out.

Any advice for loved ones of someone who is struggling with infertility?  Offer to listen to them vent...they will appreciate it!

One thing you should never say to someone facing infertility? "Relax, and it will happen"... or "just adopt and you will get pregnant"! GRRRRRR.....

Any other things you would like to share about etsy, your shop, or infertility?  I love what I do! My shop has brought me more joy then any job I have ever had (I am a former graphic designer) Please do not hesitate to message me with any questions, or to chat! :)


Some awesome products from The Fertile Garden  Each of these products is fertility related.  Learn more about them HERE:



 The photos below are featured individually on pendants.  I love them!
Below is a MALE fertility bracelet.  This is the first time that I have seen one like this.  I believe I could get my husband to wear this one :-)!

Please be sure to visit The Fertile Garden on etsy.  There are so many unique products offered there.

No comments:

Post a Comment