Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcome

Hello!  Welcome to my blog.  I am nearing the one year mark of my etsy store, http://www.alwayswithme.etsy.com/  and in honor of that milestone have decided to start a blog. 

I suffered a miscarriage in April 2010 (on my birthday), after several years of trying to conceive.  It was a very difficult thing to go through.  I had items that I desperately wanted to hold on to from my pregnancy.  My loss gave life to my shop.  My little store started out exclusively selling memory boxes for Pregnancy & Infant Loss.  Each item I make really helps me to feel connected to my Angel Baby.  It helps me feel like I am always keeping her memory alive. Since opening I have expanded my shop to include items that relate to pregnancy and infant loss, adoption, infertility, home, and family.  These elements have shaped my life in so many ways and I couldn't think of a better inspiration for my shop.  

I plan to use these inspriations as the theme for my blog as well.  I will explore these topics, share finds related to them on etsy, and so much more. 

If you have an etsy shop what inspires you to create your products?  If you don't yet have a shop what do you think could inspire you to create?

A few of my angel baby memory boxes.  The blue and white star box, is the one I made for my little angel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment