Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I like about etsy!

Almost a year into my Etsy adventure, I often still feel like a rookie.  There are so many features to this site that I am always learning something new.  I love being able to put a little piece of myself into each product I make.  I can't explain how excited I was when I made my first sale.  I definitely still get excited over each little  milestone my shop reaches, like the fist time I shipped internationally, or to the other side of the country.  I should warn you if you don't already have an etsy shop, creating one is addictive.  

It's also so cool to get to know the people who create the awesome products that I buy.  So what is my favorite part about etsy?  The community.  There are teams for just about every purpose or common interest.  The people are welcoming and help you to expand your shop, and to get your name out here.  I strongly recommend joining teams on etsy.  You will learn a lot through them.  Teams are great for promoting your shop, getting to know people, and also helping to promote others. 

Here are two of my favorite teams, in no particular order of course ;-)

Promoting Creative Friends AKA pcfteam- http://www.etsy.com/teams/10036/promoting-creative-friends
   This team is filled with knowledgeable people,that are very welcoming to new team members.  They are very active, and always have a ton of cool threads (conversations) going.   There are a lot of promotional activities going on as well.  I can't say enough good about this team, you should definitely check them out!

Treasury Land AKA treland-  http://www.etsy.com/teams/7400/treasury-island 
  If you enjoy creating treasuries this is an awesome team.  They are also active, and welcome new members.  I have seen some of the best treasuries produced by this group.  There are always fun topics in to participate in that keep you involved and promoting one another. 

What is Treasury? Straight from Etsy...

Treasury is an ever-changing, member-curated shopping gallery comprised of lists of items. Lists contain 16 items. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or whatever they like. Any Etsy member can create a Treasury list, and there is no limit to the number of lists you can create. You can edit your lists as often as you desire, and post comments to other members' lists. The number of views your list receives as well as the number of clicks the items featured in your list receive are displayed in the list's Stats section

Here are two of my most recent treasuries.  They feature shops from both of the teams listed above.\

Animals Gone Wild  http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQ4ODgzNjJ8MjYxNDkzOTk3Nw/animals-gone-wild?ref=pr_treasury


Check out the above listing from LDphotography here:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/95615186/aceo-art-card-metallic-photography-the?ref=tre-2614939977-8

Pretty Pretty Pink  http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTQ4ODgzNjJ8MjU2NjE2OTg2Ng/shades-of-pink-i-think?ref=pr_treasury

Check out the above listing from LusciousPhotos  here:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/72834897/white-and-pink-gerbera-daisy-with-dew-on?ref=tre-2566169866-7

No comments:

Post a Comment